Located in Wolfville, NS, Acadia University is an integral part
of the community. The Department of Athletics at Acadia has over
250 student-athletes that perform and practice on a weekly basis.
Along with their love for sport, our student-athletes are engaged
with our community.
The following community based initiatives are just a small part of what our student-athletes do in OUR community.
- Partnership with the Annapolis Valley Regional School Board and the RCMP in implementing an anti-bullying campaign and the WITS program
- Acadia Minor Basketball Association and other local minor basketball associations commitment to assist in development of players though mini-clinics and summer camps. Associations also utilize Acadia for fundraising initiatives including 50/50 at home games
- Acadia Minor Hockey Association and Acadia men's hockey team up in player development through mini-clinics, development camps, specialized camps, player evaluation camps, summer leagues and assistance with Quickstart program - TimBits promotion and Jamboree
- Partnership with AVRSB during Literacy Week - school readings by Acadia student-athletes
- Causal Fundraising including Alzheimers Society of Nova Scotia, Canadian Cancer Society (Relay for Life), CIBC Run for the Cure and the Terry Fox Run
- Pink for a Purpose initiative includes fundraising for Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation through the CIS Shoot for the Cure and Pink in the Rink along with Movember initiative for Prostate Canada
- Junior Axewomen Basketball team development with clinics and coaching assistance
- Axemen and Axewomen basketball teams affiliation and assistance with Camp Triumph
- Leaders in the S.M.I.L.E. and Kinderskills programs
Regarding having our athletes involved in community fundraisers, special events or school visits, please contact Krista Robertson at 585-1552 or email here at firstname.lastname@example.org