A unique institution nestled in Nova Scotia's Annapolis Valley, Acadia University is one of only four small Universities that remain in Canada. A personalized eduction is the hallmark of Acadia University. Small class sizes and the attention that no other University can offer. Academics, Community and Athletics is part of the Department of Athletics three pillars of Success and Excellence.
- 108 - Academic All-Canadians for 2014-15. No. 5 in Canada with approximately 40% of our student-athletes are Academic All-Canadians, No. 1 in Canada per student-athlete.
- The Acadia Athletics Complex will have approximately 750,000 visits this year.
- Academic Average of all our Student-Athletes is 75.5%; we are continuing to focus on academic improvement
- Driven for success in & out of the classroom with 5 Varsity Teams ranked in the CIS Top 10 in the Fall of 2015 and 3 CIS Athletes of the Week in September. Women’s Rugby won Acadia’s 1st AUS Championship in that sport & was ranked #1 heading into CIS Championship.
- Involved in the local community with approximately 600 hours spent volunteering in the community and are forging partnerships with kNOw More, SAMHI, & Get Real campaigns and the School of Nutrition.
- CIS Academic All-Canadian Top 8 for the third consecutive year with duel sport student-athlete Katie Ross receiving the Governor General Medal in November 2015 at Rideau Hall. Men’s Hockey Geoff Schemitsch was our male nominee.